Monday, July 16, 2012

More Lighting Inspiration...


Hi friends!
Remember oh-so-long-ago when I wrote about this amazing chandelier?
Well, I’ve found another great lighting idea that looks like a pretty easy and low-cost DIY project:
So many turn of the century apartments (which I hope to live in) have been retro-fitted to meet fire code with exposed pipes to accommodate a modern sprinkler system, and more times than not, those exposed pipes are ugly.
I mean, UG-LY.
Covered in rust-slightly bowed in the middle-uneven gloopy paint-and commonly covered in mysterious smudge-ugly.
.
.
.
Y’all know what I’m talkin’ about.
I think this is an INGENIOUS way to turn those pipes into something useful and beautiful!  Slap a coat of fresh black or white paint on it, and wrap some electrical wire with one of those super trendy Edison bulbs on the end.  BAM.  Done.
Some bright red fabric covered wire like this would look so amazingly great in a mostly-neutral room!
Just an idea that I may or may not use in the future.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment