Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Preparations

With Christmas just around the corner, Guillermo and I have decided to spend it with some of his new friends from school.  Three people will be coming over on Tuesday; a Chinese girl, Turkish guy, and Israeli guy.  We are going to have a very multi-cultural day, and I have to say that excites me a lot.  I love making friends with people from other countries and I love learning about their cultures and hearing their stories.  We may be lucky enough to taste food from some of those cultures, but I doubt it on Christmas day.  Guillermo and I are going to cover the ham and one side (the others are covering other sides and drinks), and I'm thinking twice-baked potatoes.  My mom always made them for Christmas and they are just so indulgent and delicious.


I'm still trying to come up with an idea for dessert, too.  Something tasty, but not too tricky. This is my first Christmas as a grown-up that I will be hosting and I want everyone to leave full of food and happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment