Monday, December 10, 2012

Success

I would have to say this weekend in Brooklyn was just what I needed.  This is the first holiday season of mine not being surrounded by friends and family, and I have been missing both dearly as of late.  When I was in school I always had friends around and school to distract me, but this year all I have is a lot of down-time to reflect on those memories.

Going to my old home in Brooklyn did just the trick.  I got to see the people I have been missing most, and just in the nick of time because Taylor and Crosby will both be leaving for Rome shortly.  We didn't do anything too crazy, just ate Chinese food, drank, and played Mariokart.  It was really all I wanted; no going into Manhattan to fancy restaurants or seeing the tree at Rockefeller Center or ice skating in Central Park, just time with my friends doing what we do best.  (being immature and ridiculous of course!)

We did manage to go out Saturday night for drinks and merryment.  It was a great time had by all, and the first time in a very long time I have stayed up all night for pleasure, not for school.


No comments:

Post a Comment