Sunday, September 30, 2012

Thankful for the Past 10 Days


Or rather: “Thankful for my Dad!” because today is his (57th) birthday! Happy Birthday Dad!
Aside from that…I’m back on Tumblr!  My computer isn’t back from the doctor yet but Guillermo is letting me borrow one of his computers for the time being. (he has his old HP that was falling apart so he borrowed a laptop from the school and then he just received his new Macbook Pro in the mail-so three in total at the moment!)
The past ten days haven’t been super exciting, but they have been enjoyable nonetheless.  Here are some pictures from what my life has consisted of:

Last weekend, my good friend Konstantine from back home in MD came up to visit!  He has a very fancy job that covers travel expenses so he was able to squeeze in some time to come up here and see the new place.  This photo was taken when he came over for breakfast before Guillermo and I had to work.  It was so nice having someone over to our apartment..I hope we can do it again soon.
After work last Sunday, the Allston-Brighton Street Fair was in full swing, including this …Irish punk band (?).  That’s what it sounded like to me.  It was totally not my kind of music, but the vocalist and trombone player(how often do you see that?!) made it enjoyable.  He was such a character and got the crowd really involved.
There is a TJ Maxx right down the street from us and I couldn’t help myself from looking through the shoe section…I wish I had the money to get these bad boys.
Friday, I ventured over to Cambridge to bring Guillermo some supplies he needed for school.  Here you see a makeshift 3D scanner.  What it does is transfer a tangible 3-dimensional object into a digital 3D object in a 3D modeling program.  The object is submerged in the milk, which is used as a contrast to the dark object.  The camera takes photos as the tupperware is filled with milk little by little and then compiles the images to form a 3D object in the computer.  Like I said, it’s makeshift (notice the Legos), but Guillermo and his friend got it to work and it was very cool! 
After we were done playing with Legos, we met up with some of Guillermo’s other classmates and friends and played pool and had a few beers.  I was off my game because one of the guys there is a teacher from Pratt and it was too weird for me to be hanging out with a professor-even though he is probably not that much older than me.  We all had a great time though and vowed to do it EVERY FRIDAY.  We’ll see if that happens…
The rest of the weekend consisted of me giving myself a sparkly manicure and enjoying some tea in my new teacup. (Isn’t it cute?!?)

I am thankful for each and every one of these experiences over the past ten days, but what I have to say I am really REALLY thankful for comes full-circle back to my Dad. 
This year, he and his girlfriend Shelly will be hosting Thanksgiving at their house for THE ENTIRE FAMILY.  It will be around 25 people in total and I’m sure it is going to be an absolute blast.  The most amazing part of it all is that my Dad has been generous enough to buy both mine and Guillermo’s plane tickets down to North Carolina so we can be part of the festivities.  I haven’t seen my Grandmother in person in 4 years and the last time I saw her face was when I Skyped with her 2 years ago when I was in Italy.  (She was adorable and saying ‘Oh my goodness! I can’t believe we’re talking to each other from different continents through the computer!”)  This will also be the first time in a long time that all the aunts, uncles, and cousins are all together so needless to say, I am very excited and VERY thankful for my Dad’s generosity.  I couldn’t as for a better father.
Happy Birthday again, Dad.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment