Friday, October 5, 2012

Thankful for Friday


Hey, all!  How has everyone’s week been?  Mine has been pretty run-of-the-mill with work and such but I’d have to say what I’m thankful for this week is my lovely mom. 
She always seems to have something up her sleeve and this week, she mailed me a card that simply said something like “I’m thinking of you” along with a Starbucks gift card!  Now, as you can imagine, I have been a little on the not-so-wealthy side lately so that Starbucks card provided me with breakfasts for just about an entire week.  It was so nice to be able to get my latte fix and enjoy some of their fall sweets! (I loooove their pumpkin-cream cheese muffin)
Not only did she surprise me with that, she also got me a subscription to Dwell Magazine!  She knows that I love that magazine and she signed me up without my knowledge, so I literally came home one day to find it in the mailbox completely unexpectedly.  Now, I am using it as my go-to architecture firm finder.  (since my student loan payments are inching closer to me…)
I really couldn't ask for anything more from her.  And she may be coming to visit soon! Still working that one out…

No comments:

Post a Comment