Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New Series


Recently Guillermo has been spending a lot more time at school, which leaves me with a lot of time to myself.
What have I been doing with my time you ask? (other than watching Food Network on Hulu)
Painting.
I love watercolor painting and I haven’t had the chance to really enjoy painting since I studied in Copenhagen just over 2 years ago.  I’ve been inspired by some of the prints in the lovely home of Jennifer Hagler from A Merry Mishap-one in particular.
This beautiful feather print has inspired me to do a series of feather paintings.  I’m not trying to replicate this image-it only got me thinking about painting feathers because I thought it would be a nice, relaxing challenge.  
I haven’t decided how many I am going to do (I’m thinking 5-6) but here are the two I have completed already.
Feather #1
Here’s a close-up so you can really see the difference between the watercolor and the ink.
Feather #2
Now, as you can see, there are some inconsistencies with the shades of grey—but I like that!  I mix up the paint whenever the urge strikes me to paint so each feather has a slightly different hue to it.  Some are more brown, some are more of a true grey.  (I attempted a third but the paint came out more of a green-grey and I was not liking it)
So, that’s all I’ve got for now but when I decide how many will be in my ‘series’ and finish them all, I will be sure to post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment