Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend Recap


Well, I must say this weekend was a blast!  If you don’t remember, my parents decided to come visit me for a long weekend and we managed to squeeze in a lot of stuff while still finding time to relax and enjoy being together.  
To pick up where I left off, Friday we made an attempt to do a grand walking tour of Boston and the surrounding area.  Of course, we got a late start after meeting at Starbucks and having a nice hot latte, but we managed to see a lot of the city.
We didn’t end up seeing anything to do with the Head of the Charles, but I did give my parents a tour around MIT to see all the buildings built by famous architects.
STATA Center by Frank Gehry
We then walked across the river to Newbury Street and began to head downtown…trouble is, it began to rain pretty hard.  That cut our trip really short because we were unprepared and didn’t have umbrellas. We just headed home and got a bunch of groceries and cooked up some delicious dinner.  Here are some shots from Friday…
We had lunch at Upper Crust on Newbury and they had pizza-pie trays as a mock drop-ceiling.  I thought it looked great!
My step-dad, Chip, gets most of his nutrients from beer.  Bud Light to be exact.

Saturday, I had to work for a little while but afterwords the weather was perfect to head downtown.  We decided to walk along The Freedom Trail because Chip is kindof a history person and I think its a great way to see what the city has to offer.  
Competition to see who can take the best photo from the same place.
The thing is, about halfway through the trail you are lead past ‘The Oldest Tavern in America’ called The Bell in Hand Tavern.  Chip said OF COURSE we had to get a beer at the oldest bar in America-so we did.  
Then we walked around the corner and found a place with $2 Bud Light on draft.  
So we had 2 pitchers.  
Then this happened.
Yup, those are drunk college students who we didn’t know at all.  I was trying to take a picture of how crowded the place was but then the girl was like “I want to be in the picture!!” so…I took the picture and Chip was nice enough to ruin the shot.  It kept me laughing for about 20 minutes though, so it all worked out.
Needless to say, we didn't make it to the end of The Freedom Trail.

If that doesn't sound like enough excitement for one weekend-you just wait. Sunday was the best day of the weekend and we had such a great time, I think it deserves its own post.  Look out for it Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment