Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bad Blogger!

I know, I know-I forgot to post on Monday!  I apologize from the depths of my heart and I hope all of you will forgive me!

As for today.....I have a recap of my Thanksgiving to share!  I hope all of you enjoyed your holidays as much as I enjoyed mine because let me tell you-I had a great time.

Guillermo and I had two flights on our way down and back, and both times we flew right over NYC.  I got a pretty nice shot on the way down, but on the way back it was night and too hard to take a photo.  (Although equally as beautiful)


My dad and brother picked us up from the airport and we had a short drive to my dad's gorgeous new house.  Most of the family was already there and we all broke out the pizza and beer and had a great time catching up.  All in all I had 4 aunts and 4 uncles there, with 9 cousins-2 of which had 3 year olds in tow.  Twenty-two in total with 2 dogs-it was definitely a full house.

Of course the Instagramming started immediately.  


This is the view from 'my room' into only half of the backyard.  It is huge!!  And its the perfect time of the season down there with all the leaves changing and dropping.   Up here in Boston, all the leaves have fallen already and it's already snowed!


My dad's girlfriend Shelly has 2 border collies that are like her children.  Although Sally (the female dog) is a bit on the crazy side and Simon (the male dog) needs a little help sometimes, they are both the most well trained dogs I've ever met.  We like to treat them to plenty of long, luxurious walks in the woods where they get to chase squirrels and catch the ball that we bring.  

On one walk, I got to learn what it felt like to carry a 3 year old on my shoulders.  Lilah is this gorgeous girl's name and she had a great time letting us all know it!  (her momma has also taught her very well not to talk to strangers...other people in the woods that were walking or jogging would say hi to us and she would say 'stranger danger!!')


On another walk, Guillermo got to walk both a dog and a child!  Jacob (the other 3 year old) wanted to walk the dog, but they are both way too strong for a little one, so Guillermo had to hold the leash as well to tether Simon back.  He was practically clawing his way across the street because Jacob just couldn't move fast enough for him.


I may not have mentioned that just about my entire family is from Maryland.  This means that they we are all die-hard Redskins fans.  When the Redskins-Cowboys game was on, there was no speaking allowed.


We are also all big game players.  The family favorite is Spades, but that only allows 4 people to play at a time, so meanwhile we started up a game of Dominoes.


In all the madness that consumed Thanksgiving day, I managed to get a great photo with my dad.  He and Shelly did such a wonderful time hosting the entire family.  I know they were both biting their nails with the kids running around and banging things on the floors, walls, and doors.  (They only moved into the house a few months ago!)  I give Shelly special credit for dealing with our insane family so gracefully.




All in all, it was an outstanding holiday.  I had such a great time with my aunts, uncles and cousins; we practically laughed for 4 days straight.  Guillermo got to see just how crazy we all get when we are all together, and I like to think he enjoyed himself.   :)

I honestly couldn't think of a better way we could have spent our holiday.  Hope you all enjoyed yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment