Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful for Friday

Today, I am thankful for people's generosity and willingness to help others.  Let me explain:

One of the blogs I like to follow is Project Little Smith.  It's about an architect-turned mother and the life of her adorable baby boy.  As I was flipping through her photos, I realized a lot of them looked familiar so I looked into where they live.  Turns out, they live in Boston!  Mama Smith still does freelance jobs here and there, but her husband (Papa Smith) is still a working architect in the area.  When I found all this out, I figured hey what the heck-I've got nothing to lose-so I emailed her asking if she knew of anyone hiring.

Well.

Yesterday, I got an email response from her husband saying he forwarded my information to the hiring committee at his firm, and I should be hearing back from them in 2-4 weeks.  I also got an email back from Mama Smith saying she forwarded my resume to multiple firms that she knows are hiring.

This just goes to show there are people out there that are genuinely nice and willing to help others!  I'm doing everything I can now to get myself out there more and network and not be afraid because as I said before-I've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain!


PS - Tonight I am going to meet up with one of my friends that I met studying in Copenhagen, RJ.  We haven't seen each other in over 2 years, so I'm so excited to catch up with him! (And he works at an architecture firm here in Boston as well!  I'll be meeting some of his work buddies too...definitely bringing some cards with me!)

1 comment:

  1. caitlin, that's great!!! keep putting yourself out there. you're talented and the architecture world needs you in it! exciting!

    ReplyDelete