Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Recap

Well guys,  I must say this weekend was pretty awesome.  The main reason?  I finally met up with my friend RJ!

When Guillermo and I first moved here to Boston, I tried to get in touch with RJ just about every other day so we could get together.  After all, he is one of only 2 people in this city I knew upon moving here.  Week after week, we couldn't arrange a meeting so we both just forgot/gave up.

Cut to Thursday night when he asked what I was going to be doing Friday-which I had off from work.  That meant we got to finally hang out!  I met him and some of his friends at a restaurant downtown called Papagayo.  It's Mexican and delicious and they make some bangin' margaritas.  We ate there, then headed back to his apartment so we could all relax and chat.  RJ has a hookah that he fired up and we all had a great time getting to know each other.



The two friends that I got to know the most that night, Catie (featured in the picture) and Ben, are both friends of RJ's from their church.  Since I've been looking for a church to go to here in Boston, they invited me to join them on Sunday and explained to me that the 4 o'clock service is the contemporary one so I would feel the most comfortable there.  I decided to go for it and met RJ at the church yesterday and had a great time!  They played my favorite song and I met a bunch of new friends.  I'm definitely going to try to make it my routine every Sunday now.

What about you guys?  How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment