Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful for Friday

This week, I am thankful for my Thursday night and here's why:

As you know, I am looking for a job at an architecture firm.  (I'll take any help I can get!) Well, I talked to my friend Hai last week and he suggested I look up the AIA chapter here in Boston, which I did and I found out its called the Boston Society of Architects.  Turns out they have an exhibition space downtown, and Thursday night they had an author speak about his book Aerotropolis: The Way We'll Live Next, and about urbanism and global growth in general.  It was a very interesting lecture and it was nice to be in a room of creative-thinking people again.  

The real reason I went in the first place was to 'get out there' in the architecture world and network, and it seemed to work to some degree.  I met a woman named Katrina, who is a teacher here in Boston after graduating from Columbia in 2007 for architecture (I think).  She offered to put my name out there wherever she can and suggested that I email her my resume so she can then forward it to friends.  I am immensely thankful for her willingness to help me and hopefully we can keep in touch.  If she doesn't help me find a job, I may have at least made a new friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment